The Senior Tax Accountant is the first advisor to gather and review a client’s tax documents to prepare the necessary partnership, corporate, trust, or individual income tax returns. Frequent communication with the client is not only necessary, but also imperative to successfully meet the client’s needs. Perpetual internal communication with an administrative team and the manager/partner is also required to bolster an efficient workflow to complete accurate and timely prepared tax returns.
This is a full-time exempt position that seasonally requires long hours and some weekend work.
- Assume full responsibility for directing tax engagement and special assignments.
- Perform tax interviews with clients for the planning and preparation of the tax returns.
- Direct accountants and staff assistants, review programs, review working papers for accuracy and completeness and review the financial statements for suitability of presentation.
- Follow the progress of the engagements and help resolve accounting and tax problems as they arise.
- Take responsibility for complying with pronouncements of professional and other regulatory groups.
- Study and evaluate the internal controls used by the client, and prepare or review the work program and time budget.
- Assign work to staff members on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities.
- Support the training of staff members, offer guidance and direction, and provide constructive criticism of working papers.
- Review with the tax manager any significant tax finds that raise questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation.
- Responsible for billing engagements on a timely manner.
- Maintain steady contact with clients throughout the business year-know the client’s impression of the conduct of the engagements.
- Resolve problems and supervise the preparation of the report drafts by the staff as the engagement nears completion.
- Work directly with the client’s attorneys or brokers, taxing authority agents, and other third parties.
- Provide wealth planning advice (investments, financial planning, retirement etc.) (would need to pass Series 65 exam)
Experience & Skills
- Holds a CPA designation and in good standing with the State of Nebraska.
- 5 to 10 years work experience in a public accounting firm in the tax department.
- Energetic with a passion to grow professionally in the business world.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be trust-worthy, organized, and disciplined.
- Good judgment and ability to keep information confidential.
- A can-do attitude and desire to learn.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Series to include Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of ProSystemFx, Engagement, and Fixed Assets Program a bonus.
We are seeking someone with a CPA designation with 5 – 10 years work experience in a public accounting firm in the tax department and who is in good standing with State of Nebraska.
Please send your your cover letter and resume to Careers@wealthfirm.info for consideration. Please put the job title in the subject line. Thank you!